Sunday 7 September 2014

East Beach Cafe - in Lego!

Ok, its time to come clean. My main reason for trying LDD (Lego Digital Designer) was to try and create a Lego model of an extraordinary building in my home town of Littlehampton, UK. It is a building which does divide opinion locally, but I love it. I walk past it most days as I promenade along the seafront, and every time I see it I can't help but see shapes which could easily be reproduced in Lego. It is called the East Beach Cafe, and was designed by the Heatherwick Studio:



It would be a daunting task to attempt to build it the traditional way with actual Lego bricks, but fortunately LDD makes it a more practical if still challenging build. After many hours, I have come up with this:










This is just the start really, as eventually I aim to add some interior detail, and to create a base for it to stand on. More on this project to come soon. Comments welcome.









No comments:

Post a Comment